The Monroe Township Public Library is pleased to announce Studio M, a new maker lab dedicated to the discovery and implementation of popular and emergent technologies. Studio M provides library patrons with access to tools and hands-on learning opportunities. Studio M is also open for informal exploration.
The four main areas of education and programming will be:
- Digital Photography/Video Creation and Modification: Bring your own photos to scan and edit or use the green screen and cameras in Studio M to create new videos, pictures and art.
- Music Creation (no instrument required): Use an iMac, midi keyboard, and software to create your own music or collaborate with musicians online.
- Basic Arduino Programming: Arduino is an open-source electronics prototyping platform. The Arduino Kits allow beginners to create and program electronic devices.
- 3D Design and Printing: Create and print 3D plastic prototypes, models or household items. Items are created from PLA filament, a renewable bioplastic.
Informational flyers for different things you can try in Studio M:
- How to Use the 3D Printer
- How to Create Your Own T-Shirt
- How to Play with Makey Makey
- How to Use Garage Band
- How to Make Buttons (template only in word and pdf)
For a schedule of classes/demos and activities, see our event calendar. Click here for specific events.
- The Library does not have a photo quality printer. We suggest you edit your pictures and save them. Then take them to a store that does professional photo printing.
- For some services, you will need to bring your own supplies, such as iron on transfer paper,t-shirts, and flash drives.
- Please ask a Library staff person ifyou have questions or concerns and plan ahead to guarantee success with your project!
Studio M is funded by a bequest from Margaret C. Gryson, a gift from Penny and John North, The Friends of the Monroe Township Library and The Wells Fargo Bank.
- Book Lovers
- Contact Us